Trac Installation on Dreamhost
- Install SVN through dreamhost web panel: “Goodies>Subversion”.
- Install Trac through dreamhost web panel: “Goodies> One-Click Installs”.
- Install more new website software - Advanced mode.
- Click Trac and hook up with svn repository just made.
- Add your user and authentification through Htaccess/WebDAV.
- In order to add Admin, log in to your shell account and type the following to add admin.
trac-admin /path/to/trac/project permission add your-username TRAC_ADMIN
- Open the trac with your browser and log in as a admin account, change the settings as you wish.
- Change the trac.css, the default one is ugly, /path/to/trac/projects/htdocs/css/trac.css.
- Set up subversion hooks, this hook forces the users to write a ticket number against the trac. The hooks that I use can be found here. Need to edit “post-commit”, “pre-commit” file to match your path.
- Set the permission of /path/to/trac/db directory to 777.