Since I was working on the Super Computer in KISTI, I had a chance to work with OpenMP. CPU is evloving into multi-core and I figured that it would be great to get to know the current trend in development.
Intel provides severial webniar and this is one of them.
8 Oct 2007 Intel Webniar
James Reinders / Chief Evengelist/ Intel
Multi-Core is Mainstream: Are You Ready?
Rules of thumb 1. Think parallel
- Program using abstraction
- Program in tasks(chores), not threads(cores).
- Design with the option to th
- Learn when to lock and how to not do it too much or too little
- Use tools and libs for concurrency
- Use scalable meory allocators Dont use malloc or new look for other products. many cpus and cache each
- Design to scale through increased workloads. Later your program will handle more data. plan for that